SBI Debit Card Block Online
In this age of advancing technology we have plenty of options developed for our convenience. These developments have led to smoothening of the day to day problems that we face in life. But, these advancements demand utmost care and awareness before you jump into the decision to make use of them.
It is not an easy job to handle the latest technology, because it comes along with a huge responsibility. One of the most convenient changes brought in this era is the use of ATM, from where we can easily get money for our basic needs. And, we are provided with ATM cards which keep us just a swap away from making payments.
Now, the problem we face is when these small sized cards are lost or misplaced. It becomes really troublesome to protect your debit cards from getting misused by defaulters, robbers, etc. Therefore, here are some hacks to save your SBI Debit Cards of any State Bank of India branches from getting misused by risky and untrustworthy hands.
Through Internet Banking Method
- Sign in to your SBI account via onlinesbi.com and go to E services present at the top.
- From this drop down menu select ATM Card Services, and click on the Block ATM option available.
- Go back to your account and continue the procedure.
- Select the reason for blocking your ATM Card, give your remarks, and submit it.
- Following these instructions will automatically block your debit card and will prevent any transaction after this.
“Hint: SBI IFSC Code of a particular branch is required for Online Transactions. You can find IFSC Code, SWIFT Code, and MICR Code from banksifsccodes.com”
Through SMS Procedure
- Send BLOCK XXXX (the last 4 digits of your card number) to 567676 from the mobile number which is registered with your bank account.
- This 4 digit number can be acquired from the branch of your bank, through internet banking method, or through the mini statement of your previous transaction.
- This simple process will block your SBI Debit Card and no further transactions could take place after blocking the card.
Through Customer Care or E Mail Service
- One can contact the SBI Customer Care Helpline Number or send an official E Mail to the mail address mentioned in the website.
- You can conveniently request the officials or customer care executives to block your debit card.
- They will block your card and you can protect your account from falling into unsafe hands.
Therefore, by following above mentioned steps you can block your ATM Card and protect it from getting misused by other sources.